Proprinter XL24, Epson LQ-2500
Speed: Draft-Elite 192 CPS, Draft-Pica 160 CPS, LQ-Elite 63 CPS, LQ-Pica 53 CPS
Graphics: 60, 180, 360 DPI
No. of Pins: 24
|Bold PS||LQ||17||Emphasized (Bold)|
* In IBM Proprinter XL24 mode, only available through the EZ Set Operator Panel.
** Available only in IBM Proprinter XL24 mode.
Tractor Feed: Front
feed, rear feed and bottom feed
Optional Feeders: Cut sheet feeder (Part # KX-P38)
Loading fanfold paper (rear push tractor feed)
1. Turn the power switch on.
2. Make sure that the head gap lever position is appropriate to the thickness of the paper being used.
3. Open the top cover and the smoked plastic cover. The printhead will move to the ribbon exchange area automatically.
4. Pinch both tractor position shift levers and rotate the tractor mechanism downward until the tractor falls into place.
5. Unlock the tractors by pulling the tractor clamping levers forward. Slide the tractors out toward the sides to the approximate width of the required paper size.
6. Space the center paper supports evenly between the tractors.
7. Load the continuous fanfold paper through the rear slot with the side on which you wish to print facing down.
8. Raise the tractor covers and align the paper sprocket holes with the tractor pins.
9. Verify the paper is straight and close the tractor covers.
10. Pull the tractors outward to remove any slack, then lock the tractor positions by pushing the tractor clamping lever back.
11. Close the top cover and the smoked plastic cover.
12. Verify that the paper feed selector is in the TRACTOR position.
13. Pull the paper bail release lever to the LOAD/PARK position. The printer will advance the paper automatically to set the Top of Form.
14. Move the paper bail release lever to the T.PUSH/.FRIC position.
15. You can now adjust your Top of Form position or press the [ON LINE] switch to get ready to print.
Loading fanfold paper (front or bottom pull tractor feed)
1. Turn the power switch on.
2. Make sure that the head gap lever position is appropriate to the thickness of the paper being user.
3. Open the top cover and the smoked plastic cover. The printhead will automatically move to the ribbon exchange area.
4. Pinch both sides of the tractor position shift levers to release the tractor mechanism, and pull up the tractor.
5. Verify the paper feed selector is in the TRACTOR position and pull the paper bail release lever to T.PULL position.
6. When front feeding, open the paper door on the front of the printer and insert the paper along the paper guides until it appear s on the platen. When bottom feeding, push the paper up until it appears on the platen.
7. Adjust the paper position by pulling it up.
8. Unlock the tractor by pulling the tractor clamping levers forward. Slide the tractors to the approximate width of the paper.
9. Space the center paper supports evenly between the tractors.
10. Raise the tractor cover and align the paper sprocket holes with the tractor pins, with the side on which you wish to print facing toward you.
11. Verify the paper is straight and close the tractor covers.
12. Pull the tractors outward to remove any slack, then lock the tractor positions by pushing the tractor clamping levers back.
13. Close the top cover and the smoked plastic cover.
14. You can now adjust your Top of Form position or press the [ON LINE] switch to get ready to print.
1. Set the paper feed selector so that it is pointing towards the rear of the machine. It will then be positioned next to the picture of the blank page.
2. Raise the paper easel by lifting the paper easel hand guide.
3. Separate the paper guides to the approximate width of your paper or envelope.
4. Insert the paper through the paper guides and behind the platen. The paper bail release lever will move to the T.PULL position, and then the PAPER OUT indicator will be lit.
5. Pull the paper bail release lever to the LOAD/PARK position then release. This will load the paper automatically. When paper stops moving, move the lever to T.PUSH/FRIC position.
6. To align the paper horizontally or vertically, set the paper feed selector to the "PULL" position (This will be a picture of a page with holes on both sides.). This releases the paper and allows the paper to be positioned manually as required. Set the selector back to the picture of the blank page before printing.
Self test Turn on the printer while holding down the LF switch.
Initial Setup Mode
The printer allows the user to select 21 Initial Setup mode conditions. The printer uses the Control Table to select them instead of the conventional DIP switches.
To Enter the Initial Setup mode
Be sure that the power switch is off. Turn on the power switch while press the [FUNCTION] switch to enter the Initial Setup mode. The ON LINE/FUNCTION indicator light should be blinking.
When setting the Initial Setup, keep in mind that there are two types:
Individual the setting is either on or off.
Group the setting has a number of selections to choose from.
Setting the Initial Setup mode
1. Press and release the [ROW] switch until the desired ROW indicator combination is lit.
2. Press and release the [COLUMN] switch until the COLUMN indicator is lit over the desired setting. The indicator will inform you of the setting.
A lit indicator means the setting is ON, while a blinking indicator means the setting is OFF.
3. Press the [SET] switch to change the setting to reach the desired condition. With Groups, you must turn on one setting to turn off the previous setting within the Group.
4. After setting all the items you desire, press the [FUNCTION] switch to store them and exit the Initial Setup mode.
To Reset All Initial Setup Mode Settings to the FACTORY Default Setting
After powering on while pressing the [FUNCTION] switch.
1. Press the [FF] switch. A beep will sound.
2. Press the [SET] switch. A beep will sound.
3. Press the [FUNCTION] switch to exit the Initial Setup mode.
Factory default settings
|Emulation mode||Epson LQ-2500 Italic Character set|
|Download buffer control||OFF|
|Cut Sheet Feeder mode||OFF|
|Zero font mode||ON|
|Alternative Graphic Mode||OFF|
|Data Length||OFF (8 bit data length)|
|Print Width Mode||OFF (Print width 13.6 inches)|
|Print Direction||ON (Unidirectional printing)|
|Skip Perforation Mode||Off (No Skip)|
|Auto Line Feed||OFF (CR only)|
|Automatic CR Mode||OFF|
|Paper Out Detector||ON|
|Protocol select mode||OFF (DTR Protocol)|
|Suspend Data Transfer||ON (Remaining Buffer Capacity 128)|
When SDT is ON
|ON (256 byte)|
polarity for DTR
|OFF (When signal is "Mark", the printer tells the computer that it cannot accept transferring data|
The interface connector is located on the back of the printer towards the left side.
Connection: RS-232C Interface option.
Activation: See manual for optional serial interface